The mission of the HDBMB is to support and encourage basic and applied scientific research and education in the field of molecular life sciences, to contribute to the recognition of their importance to industry, healthcare and ecology and to promote their importance to the scientific and general community. The activities of the Society are:
- to actively promote research and education in the field of molecular life sciences
- to encourage contacts and exchange of information between Croatian and foreign molecular life scientists, through the organisation of congresses, seminars, courses, workshops and round tables
- to establish better and stronger interactions between scientific activities in academia and their application in industry, medicine, and ecology
- to assist Society’s members in obtaining fellowships and grants as well as other support for participating in and organising of various events
- to recognise and award successful individuals for their achievements in research, education, and/or social activities in the field of molecular life sciences
- to promote the molecular life sciences to the general public with the aim of recognising their importance to health and the environment, sustainable development, and the well-being of society.
Through its activities, the HDBMB strives to position itself as the leading scientific and professional association in the Republic of Croatia concerned with the promotion of research and education in the field of molecular life sciences, as well as recognition of their benefits to society. By advocating the importance of modern molecular life sciences in the broader scientific and general community, to become an active participant in policy and decision making relevant to the promotion and development of molecular life sciences in the Republic of Croatia.